Estate Planning Strategies
Wills and Power of Attorney through your Solicitor or on referral.
Estate Planning is the planning and documentation of your wishes for the distribution of your wealth following death. It incorporates your will and power of attorney.
There are particular considerations that you need to think about when it comes to Estate Planning. There are three main reasons why Estate Planning is important:
- To ensure that your assets are distributed in the manner that you would wish in the event of death;
- To ensure that your assets are distributed in a tax-effective manner; and
- To ensure that your assets are distributed in a timely manner.
Estate Planning is a specialist area, and it is therefore important you obtain professional legal advice.
Wills are important to have in place to ensure that your wishes are followed in relation to your financial and personal matters in the event of death.
Wills cover instructions in relation to the following:
- How and to whom your assets should be distributed;
- Who is to be the executor of your Estate;
- The appointment of a Guardian for any minor children; and
- Burial or cremation instructions
It is essential to have an up-to-date and properly drawn Will to ensure:
- Your exact wishes are clearly recorded;
- Your financial and family circumstances are properly and professionally considered in accordance with prevailing laws;
- Your assets continue to be managed by your executor after you die; and
- Most importantly, having a Will gives you the peace of mind always that you have made appropriate provisions for your intended beneficiaries.
We recommend that once in place, a Will be reviewed at least once every few years or when your circumstances change.
Contact us today to discuss your estate planning strategies and have peace of mind that when you are not around, your loved ones are looked after.
Not sure what your next steps should be to secure your financial future?
Schedule your 15 min no-cost or obligation discussion to see how we can best assist you.
No specific financial planning advice will be given during this initial call.
If you’re ready to discuss strategies around Estate Planning in more depth, book a discovery meeting.
Small Business Succession Planning
Buy/Sell Agreement and Key Person exit strategies.
Wealth Building and Protection
Investments, Insurance, and Superannuation Strategies.
“Into Retirement” Planning
Pre-Retirement Super, Pension, and Centrelink Strategies.